Mule ESB Cookbook
Mule ESB is a lightweight Java-based enterprise service bus (ESB) and integration platform that allows developers to connect applications together quickly and easily, enabling them to efficiently exchange data. You can therefore use Mule ESB to allow different applications to communicate with each other via a transit system to carry data between applications within your enterprise or across the Internet. It is also useful if you use more than one type of communication protocol while integrating three or more applications/services.
“Mule ESB Cookbook” takes readers through the practical approach of Mule ESB 3.3. This book solves numerous issues faced by developers working on Mule ESB in real time and provides use cases on how to integrate Mule with other technologies. It also focuses on development and delivery using Mule ESB through integrating, migrating, and upgrading advanced technological tools.
This book gives the reader a strong overview of the Mule framework using practical and easy-to-follow examples. It has three sections: problems, approaches, and solutions. The key aim of this book is to show you how to allow different applications to communicate with each other by creating a transit system to carry data between applications within your enterprise or across the Internet. Mule ESB enables easy integration of existing systems, regardless of the different technologies that the applications use, including JMS, Web Services, JDBC, HTTP, and more.
“Mule ESB Cookbook” will teach you everything you need to know to communicate between applications that are built on different platforms, as well as how to migrate them in your application across multiple platforms or on the cloud.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to work with components and patterns and how to configure them
- Understand message sources, processors, and properties
- Learn what an endpoint is and how you can configure this endpoint in your workflow
- Understand transformers and how you can use them in your workflow
- Learn about different types of filters and how to use them
- Understand exception handling and unit testing with MuleESB
- Create web services and integrate them in your workflow
- Learn how to create a flow and how to use routers and services
- Learn how you can use a cloud connector in the flow
- Understand how to use processors in your workflow
With this book you will learn in a step-by-step manner and build solutions from the ground up using Mule ESB. Each tak is well illustrated through recipes and the code contained in the examples is very engaging.
Who this book is written for
This book targets Java developers, architects, and IT managers who want to learn Mule ESB and who want solutions to their Enterprise and web service problems. This book requires familiarity with Java, but no previous exposure to Mule or other ESBs is required.
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782164405
- ISBN-13: 978-1782164401