MooTools 1.3 Cookbook
MooTools 1.3 Cookbook readies programmers to animate, perform AJAX, and attach event listeners in a simple format where each section provides a clear and cross-browser compatible sketch of how to solve a problem, whether reading from beginning to finish or browsing directly to a particular recipe solution.
MooTools 1.3 Cookbook provides instant solutions to MooTools problems – whatever you want to do with MooTools, this book will tell you how to do it.
MooTools 1.3 Cookbook is presented in a progressive order that builds concepts and ideas, while simultaneously being a collection of powerful individual, standalone, recipe solutions.
What you will learn from this book:
- Change HTML with working examples of finding, moving, adding, and removing elements and groups of elements
- Create HTML elements like iframes, a tags, and form elements and inject them into tables, table rows, and div elements
- Animate the Internet with morphs, tweens, slides, and scrolls
- Make thumbnails scroll and your users drool!
- Fire remote AJAX calls, on page, bringing them into the Web 2.0 arena where user interfaces are cool and fun
- Find plugins on the Web that extend MooTools and make the most of everything the open-source community has to offer
- Zebra stripe a table, spin an AJAX notification, create sliding volume meters, open a menu accordion style, and more
This is a cookbook full of recipes with the essential code explained clearly and comprehensively. The recipes are organized so well that you will have no problems in using this cookbook as a reference too.
Who this book is written for
Users of all skill levels will find this book useful. Advanced users will expand their knowledge of MooTools interaction, intermediate users will delve into new concepts of usage. Novice users will find they are carefully taken through each facet of knowledge necessary to rapidly become intermediate users.