Microsoft Windows Server AppFabric Cookbook
Windows Server AppFabric provides a set of integrated capabilities that extend IIS and the Windows Server platform making it easier to build, scale and manage composite applications today. Windows Server AppFabric delivers the first wave of innovation within an exciting new middleware paradigm which brings performance, scalability and enhanced management capabilities to the platform for applications built on the .NET Framework using Windows Communication Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation.
‘Microsoft Windows Server AppFabric Cookbook’ shows you how to get the most from WCF and WF services using Windows Server AppFabric leveraging the capabilities for building composite solutions on the .NET platform.
Packed with over 60 task-based and immediately reusable recipes, ‘Microsoft Windows Server AppFabric Cookbook’ starts by showing you how to set up your development environment to start using Windows Server AppFabric quickly. The book then moves on to provide comprehensive coverage of the most important capabilities provided by Windows Server AppFabric, diving right in to hands-on topics such as deploying WCF and WF applications to Windows Server AppFabric and leveraging the distributed caching, scalable hosting, persistence, monitoring and management capabilities that Windows Server AppFabric has to offer, with recipes covering a full spectrum of complexity from simple to intermediate and advanced.
What you will learn from this book
- Download, install, configure and get up and running with Windows Server AppFabric quickly
- Learn how to take advantage of distributed caching for providing high performance and elastic scale on-premise today
- Take advantage of the enhanced hosting capabilities that Windows Server AppFabric has to offer including Auto-Start and a greatly simplified configuration experience
- Enable support for long-running composite applications that are resilient and fault-tolerant while maximizing computing resources
- Gain insight into the health of your composite applications seamlessly, both proactively and when something goes wrong
- Learn how to scale Windows Server AppFabric by leveraging farm deployments
‘Microsoft Windows Server AppFabric Cookbook’ is full of immediately useable recipes showing you how to get the most from WCF and WF services using Windows Server AppFabric, leveraging the right capabilities for building composite solutions on the .NET platform. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, its explanations go into the right level of detail, making it good learning material for everyone who has experience with some of the challenging aspects of WCF and WF development from a scalability, configuration and management perspective. The book is designed in such a way that each recipe is presented as a separate, standalone entity and reading of other, prior recipes is not required.
Who this book is for
If you are a .NET developer or WCF/WF developer, then this book is for you. This book does not assume any prior knowledge of Windows AppFabric. However, a basic understanding of .NET Framework 4.0, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) technologies is required.
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684189
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684187