Microsoft Windows Networking Essentials
The core concepts and technologies of Windows networkingNetworking can be a complex topic, especially for those new to the field of IT. This focused, full-color book takes a unique approach to teaching Windows networking to beginners by stripping down a network to its bare basics, thereby making each topic clear and easy to understand. Focusing on the new Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) program, this book pares down to just the essentials, showing beginners how to gain a solid foundation for understanding networking concepts upon which more advanced topics and technologies can be built.
This straightforward guide begins each chapter by laying out a list of topics to be discussed, followed by a concise discussion of the core networking skills you need to have to gain a strong handle on the subject matter. Chapters conclude with review questions and suggested labs so you can measure your level of understanding of the chapter’s content.
- Serves as an ideal resource for gaining a solid understanding of fundamental networking concepts and skills
- Offers a straightforward and direct approach to networking basics and covers network management tools, TCP/IP, the name resolution process, and network protocols and topologies
- Reviews all the topics you need to know for taking the MTA 98-366 exam
- Provides an overview of networking components, discusses connecting computers to a network, and looks at connecting networks with routers
If you’re new to IT and interested in entering the IT workforce, then Microsoft Windows Networking Essentials is essential reading.
From the Back Cover
Learn Windows Networking Quickly and Easily
This unique, full-color guide covers Windows networking basics, giving you a solid foundation in the technology as well as preparing you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals. Learn general networking concepts, then get up to speed on switches, routers, LANs, WANs, and more—with a focus on technologies used in Microsoft networks. Whether you’re an aspiring networking professional or just brushing up, it’s the essential information you need to be successful in networking in a Windows environment.
Learn these Windows networking essentials—and more:
- Networking for home computers, small offices, and large enterprises
- Identifying necessary hardware, protocols, services, and infrastructures
- Understanding the OSI and TCP models
- Connecting computers with switches and routers
- Understanding the components of an IPv4 or IPv6 address
- Resolving names to IP addresses, and understanding DNS and WINS
- Understanding the basics of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Preparing for MTA Exam 98-366, Networking Fundamentals
Full-color images of network configurations
Helpful illustrations to reinforce learning objectives
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Full coverage of all exam topics
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Chapter review questions
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016858
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016855