Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Bible
A must-have resource on the new features of Microsoft’s enhanced SharePoint Server 2010
With SharePoint Server, an organization’s information can be organized and combined in a central, Web-based application. Featuring in-depth coverage on all of SharePoint Server 2010’s new features, this authoritative resource provides you with solid timesaving techniques, fast solutions, and expert advice on connecting employees and managing data easily and efficiently. You’ll explore ways SharePoint Server 2010 enhances corporate intranets and portals, proposal management portals, project management portals, team and customer collaboration sites, document management systems, and enterprise application integration portals.
- Examines the newest updates and enhancements to the latest version of Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Shares timesaving techniques, sophisticated solutions, and expert advice on how to manage data easily and efficiently with SharePoint Server 2010
- Reviews ways to enhance portals, collaboration sites, and management systems
Featuring expert advice for content managers, project managers, administrators, and small business owners or managers who use SharePoint Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Bible is a must-read.
From the Back Cover
The must-have guide for SharePoint system administrators!
Whether you use it for development, as a collaboration vehicle, or a Web content manager, SharePoint Server 2010 is so feature-rich, it has something for everybody. But if you’re the systems administrator, managing all that variety can be tricky. The 700+ pages in this in-depth guide cover everything you need to install, configure, and administer this powerful tool. Set up workflows, master BI tools, configure an intranet portal—it’s all here and much more!
- Determine which one you need—SharePoint Server (SPS) 2010 or SharePoint Foundation Server (SFS) 2010
- Customize and manage Web Parts
- Create intranet and internet portals to facilitate your business
- Learn SPS and SFS out-of-the-box workflows
- Integrate Office systems with SharePoint
- Use SharePoint for business intelligence (BI) with PowerPivot and other tools
- Track projects and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and create an accounting dashboard
Visit www.wiley.com/go/sharepointserver2010bible and download solution packages applicable to the book’s projects.
- Paperback: 792 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (September 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470643838
- ISBN-13: 978-0470643839