Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Applications on Windows Phone 7
Microsoft Windows Phone 7 is a reinvention of the Windows Mobile platform and improves productivity by taking a fresh approach to the most common Smartphone business usage scenarios such as e-mail, calendar, contacts, and collaboration. Microsoft SharePoint is a Web technology-based server that can be used to build portals, collaboration sites, and also content management sites.
Microsoft Windows Phone 7 allows you to integrate with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and create enterprise-ready websites and applications that access SharePoint Server on Windows Phone 7.
The book starts by providing an overview of the out-of-the-box features of Windows Phone 7 for enterprises then moves on to an overview of the web browser that is included on the phone, Internet Explorer Mobile, covering the improvements found over the desktop version of Internet Explorer 7 and the limitations of the browser. The book then dives deep into topics such as Windows Phone 7 Web Development, building SharePoint Sites for Windows Phone 7, building SharePoint Pages for Windows Phone 7, and SharePoint Communities amongst others.
A fast-paced overview of enterprise-ready Microsoft SharePoint websites and applications built for Windows Phone 7
What you will learn from this book :
- Learn how to configure a Windows Phone 7 for use in an Enterprise
- Understand the enterprise features available out-of-the-box on Windows Phone 7
- Discover the capabilities of Internet Explorer Mobile for Windows Phone 7
- Learn how to target websites for Internet Explorer Mobile
- Create a reusable site template in SharePoint
- Replace the mobile home page in SharePoint
- Customize SharePoint mobile page output for easy viewing on Windows Phone 7
- Discover the Client Object Model in SharePoint
- Build an example Windows Phone 7 Application that utilizes SharePoint data
- Packed with resources and links to support further learning
This book is a focused tutorial that shows you how to create enterprise-ready websites and applications that access Microsoft SharePoint Server on Windows Phone 7. This book focuses on SharePoint 2010; however, some of the concepts and explanations will also apply to SharePoint 2007.
Who this book is written for
If you are a .NET developer who wants to create enterprise-ready websites and applications that access SharePoint Server on Windows Phone 7, then this book is for you. You should have a basic knowledge of Windows 7 Phone and SharePoint Server. This book also assumes some knowledge of C#, managed code in general, and a basic level of familiarity with Visual Studio.
- Paperback: 252 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682585
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682589