Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Development with Visual Studio 2010 Expert Cookbook
Microsoft SharePoint 2010, is the best-in-class platform for content management and collaboration. With the combined capabilities of Sharepoint and Visual Studio, developers have an end-to-end business solutions development IDE. To leverage this powerful combination of tools it is necessary to understand the different building blocks. This book will provide necessary concepts and present ways to develop complex business solutions and take them further.
SharePoint 2010 Development Cookbook With Visual Studio 2010 is an instructional guide for developing and debugging applications for SharePoint 2010 environment using Visual Studio 2010. The cookbook approach helps you to dip into any recipe that interests you, you can also read it from cover to cover if you want to get hands on with the complete application development cycle.
With this book you will learn to develop event handlers, workflows, content types, web parts, client object model applications, and web services for SharePoint 2010 in an instructional manner. You will discover the less known facts behind debugging feature receivers, deployment of web parts, utilizing free toolkits to enhance the development and debugging experience.
You will learn the newer development approach called Visual Web Parts, how to develop and deploy Silverlight applications that can be used with Silverlight web part. You will also explore SandBoxed deployment model and its usage. You will create your own web services for SharePoint and the Client Object Model introduced in SharePoint 2010. All in all, you will develop Sharepoint solutions in an instructional manner that eases the learning process.
What you will learn from this book :
- Develop client applications using all three Client Object Models and exception handling techniques
- Explore visual web parts, Silverlight web parts, code-only web parts, connectable web parts, custom configuration properties for web parts, and AJAX-enabled web parts
- Respond to list events, list item events, and feature events
- Develop and deploy complex sequential and state machine workflows with InfoPath forms deployed as task forms and association forms
- Create custom workflow activities and send alerts to the task owners
- Create content types and link external data with business connectivity services
- Understand the out-of-the-box web services and REST services available with SharePoint
- Develop client applications to consume web services
- Write custom WCF web service and consume it in a custom application
This book follows a step-by-step approach to learning the building blocks of SharePoint application development. This book focuses on SharePoint 2010 development using Visual studio 2010. The book provides a hands-on approach to solving problems and creating business solutions for enhancing SharePoint 2010 environment.
Who this book is written for
This book is for .NET developers to understand the building blocks for SharePoint 2010. Although the book can be used by beginners, it is recommended to have understanding of the previous versions of SharePoint. Developing SharePoint solutions needs solid understanding of ASP.NET architecture. The book assumes that the reader is familiar with ASP.NET technology and development concepts.
- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684588
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684583