Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Development Cookbook
There is a heavy demand in the marketplace for SharePoint developers that you could take advantage of – if only you had the opportunity to acquire the relevant skills! But, SharePoint 2010 is a big old product with a steep learning curve – where do you begin?
This book has been designed to take the experienced ASP.NET developer from “beginner” to “professional” SharePoint developer in the shortest amount of time. You will be productive on you very first SharePoint development assignment with the knowledge and skills that you learn here. You will have distilled the essence of the author’s many years of training, and leading development teams in SharePoint.
This book uncovers the most common “pattern” of typical SharePoint development tasks encountered in the real world and puts the topics in a logical order with detailed step-by-step recipes for you to follow.
The practical example given builds and flows throughout the chapters and topics. By the end of this book, you will be able to apply the concepts to the challenges ahead of you!
What you will learn from this book:
- Build a full and virtualized SharePoint Server and SharePoint development environment entirely from available trial (or MSDN) software
- Understand SharePoint 2010 development with Visual Studio – packaging with features and deploying with solutions
- Get to grips with “schema” SharePoint style – site columns, content types, and list definitions – as applied to a document library
- Explore cover web control development with SharePoint – including user controls and web parts
- Learn about the very important XSLT List View Web Part, and also about creating list forms with both ASPX and InfoPath
- Get introduced to retrieval of SharePoint data via Language Integrated Query (LINQ) and also via the List Data Service (REST)
- Learn how to connect to data that is “outside” of SharePoint either in databases or via web services.
- Use out of the box approval workflow and then extend that with SharePoint Designer 2010
- Go through a “non-developer” overview of the important “other side” of SharePoint – web content management
The plan of the book is to build a relationship with the Author as your personal guide through the most common “pattern” of SharePoint development. In cookbook style, you will be led carefully step by step through a comprehensive set of recipes. The practical example starts quickly and builds logically throughout the chapters to create a common theme. You will be developing coding techniques that you will be able to apply to the real world. In fact, this book will train you for the first SharePoint development project you will join.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for the ASP.NET developer who wants to get to the goal of “professional” SharePoint 2010 developer as quickly as possible, by learning the most important practical aspects of development that will be used in the real world.
- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681503
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681506