Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Customizing My Site
Customize your implementation of My Site in Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010—and capture the enthusiasm for social networking in your organization. With this concise, practical guide, SharePoint expert Michael Doyle shows you how to modify key My Site features to meet specific business needs. You’ll learn how to apply best practices, tackle hard-to-solve problems—and create a valuable sense of community for your employees. It’s the ideal quick reference for IT and business professionals alike.
Take charge of social networking opportunities with a custom My Site solution!
- Set up My Site user profiles with Active Directory® data
- Help users share ideas, documents, and personal information
- Create several My Site hosts to serve distinct audiences
- Establish unified profiles across multiple SharePoint farms
- Apply your company’s look and feel with themes
- Determine a user content quota to avoid taxing your database
- Manage metadata to keep user tags consistent on each site
- Edit profile properties to personalize the Twitter widget
About the Author
Michael Doyle, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE, currently works as the SharePoint Architect for Waggener Edstrom, one of the leading PR companies with offices around the world. Michael has been working almost exclusively with SharePoint for the last seven years. He has been in the software arena professionally for the last 20 years and has worked for companies such as A-dec, FedEx, Intel, NETWARCOM, Deloitte and Touche, HCA, Vanderbilt, and others. Michael has also done consulting, teaching, and professional software development. He is a frequent speaker and presenter at SharePoint conferences. He received his B.E. and M.S. from Vanderbilt University. In his spare time, he likes to kayak and travel. He currently lives in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Paperback: 114 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735662088
- ISBN-13: 978-0735662087