MATLAB Graphics and Data Visualization Cookbook
MATLAB’s customizable graphics elements allow you to tailor your visualizations for exactly what you need to present; alter the figure and axis properties, lighting, transparency and camera position. Use MATLAB to apply volume visualizations to your data as well as interactivity and animation, or to plot your data in 1, 2, 3 and higher data dimensions.
“MATLAB Graphics and Data Visualization Cookbook” will serve as your handbook to help you know the right graphic to showcase your data and teach you how to create it in clear step-by-step instructions.
Tasks range from simple graphs using built-in MATLAB commands, to complex functions making frequently used customizations easy to implement.
Learn about the key customizable elements in MATLAB graphics starting from figure and axis property settings, color, lighting, transparency and camera positioning to strategies for more advanced data visualization including adding interactivity and animation. Finish with recipes on presentation and publication.
Learn the techniques and easily customize the recipes to apply to your datasets.
What you will learn from this book
- Jump start your first MATLAB plot
- Strengthen your knowledge of standard graph types and learn new advanced types
- Common visualization mistakes that people make and how to avoid them
- Easily adapt recipes from the book to best display your data – one, two, three dimensions, and beyond
- Say more with legends, annotations, labels, different layouts, and color
- Design superior data displays with custom lighting, transparency, and camera positioning
- Do animations and interactive graphics with MATLAB
- Fix the resolution and format before employing the Publish command
“MATLAB Graphics and Data Visualization Cookbook” will serve as your handbook in recipe format with ample screenshots. Each independent recipe will help you in achieving target-oriented solutions to your problems with concise explanation.
Who this book is written for
For those who are already using MATLAB for their computational needs but need to also harness its powerful visualization capabilities.
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849693161
- ISBN-13: 978-1849693165