Mastering VMware vSphere 5
A new and updated edition of bestselling Mastering VMware vSphere 4Written by leading VMware expert, this book covers all the features and capabilities of VMware vSphere. You’ll learn how to install, configure, operate, manage, and secure the latest release.
- Covers all the new features and capabilities of the much-anticipated new release of VMware vSphere
- Discusses the planning, installation, operation, and management for the latest release
- Reviews migration to the latest vSphere software
- Offers hands-on instruction and clear explanations with real-world examples
Mastering VMware vSphere is the strategic guide you need to maximize the opportunities of virtualization.
From the Back Cover
Thoroughly Updated for VMware vSphere 5!
Virtualization is hotter than ever. VMware vSphere is the most widely deployed virtualization platform, and this indispensable book by VMware vExpert and VCDX Scott Lowe is your key to harnessing the newest version. Using step-by-step instruction and real-world examples, he takes you under the hood of VMware vSphere 5 and shows you how to get the very most out of all its components. Learn how to install, configure, operate, monitor, secure, and automate your virtual infrastructure from a leading expert and with the leading virtualization solution.
- Understanding all components of the VMware vSphere 5 suite
- Installing and configuring VMware ESXi, vCenter Server, and vSphere Update Manager
- Building and managing virtual machines, networks, and storage
- Handling day-to-day or advanced tasks through the vSphere Web Client
- Ensuring high availability and optimized resource usage with vSphere HA and vSphere DRS
- Securing and automating VMware vSphere
- Monitoring resource allocation and performance
- Leveraging new storage features in VMware vSphere 5, such as Storage DRS
Harness the Power of Virtualization with VMware vSphere
Increase Your Capacity with Scalable and Robust Solutions
Master All Tools in the New VMware vSphere 5 Suite
Monitor Performance and Maintain Security
Reinforce Your Skills with Real-World Examples
- Paperback: 768 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470890800
- ISBN-13: 978-0470890806