Mastering LOB Development for Silverlight 5
Microsoft Silverlight is fully established as a powerful tool for creating and delivering Rich Internet Applications and media experiences on the Web. This book will help you dive straight into utilizing Silverlight 5, which now more than ever is a top choice in the Enterprise for building Business Applications.
“Mastering LOB Development for Silverlight 5: A Case Study in Action” focuses on the development of a complete Silverlight 5 LOB application, helping you to take advantage of the powerful features available along with expert advice.
Fully focused on LOB development, this expert guide takes you from the beginning of designing and implementing a Silverlight 5 LOB application, all the way through to completion. Accompanied by a gradually built upon case study, you will learn about data access via RIA and Web services, architecture with MEF and MVVM applied to LOB development, testing and error control, and much more.
With “Mastering LOB Development for Silverlight 5: A Case Study in Action” in hand, you will be fully equipped to expertly develop your own Silverlight Line of Business application, without dwelling on the basics of Enterprise Silverlight development.
What you will learn from this book
- Get up and running with coverage of LOB development challenges like building forms, navigation, and service and database access
- Get to grips with the MVVM pattern and how to integrate it with RIA Services
- Dig deeper by implementing both in Browser and Out of Browser trusted applications
- Understand how to add authentication and authorization to your Silverlight application
- Gain advanced knowledge of error control topics like error notification to TFS
- Become fully equipped with everything an expert developer should know about building Line of Business applications using Silverlight 5
- Take advantage of a complete LOB case study built gradually from start to finish throughout each chapter
This highly practical, expert level tutorial teaches you to build a Line of Business application with the aid of a case study which gradually builds throughout the book. It also includes a jumpstart chapter for developers coming from other technologies.
Who this book is for
If you already have a firm grasp of Silverlight development and are keen to advance your specialist knowledge of Line of Business (LOB) application development, then Mastering LOB Development for Silverlight 5: A Case Study in Action is for you.
If you are a developer with experience of other technologies, you may also find this book useful.
- Paperback: 430 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683549
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683548