Mac Application Development by Example: Beginner’s Guide
It’s never been more important to have the ability to develop an App for Mac OS X. Whether it’s a System Preference, a business app that accesses information in the Cloud, or an application that uses multi-touch or uses a camera, you will have a solid foundation in app development to get the job done.
Mac Application Development by Example takes you through all the aspects of using the Xcode development tool to produce complete working apps that cover a broad range of topics. This comprehensive book on developing applications covers everything a beginner needs to know and demonstrates the concepts using examples that take advantage of some of the most interesting hardware and software features available.
You will discover the fundamental aspects of OS X development while investigating innovative platform features to create a final product which take advantage of the unique aspects of OS X.
Learn how to use Xcode tools to create and share Mac OS X apps. Explore numerous OS X features including iCloud, multi-touch trackpad, and the iSight camera.
This book provides you with an illustrated and annotated guide to bring your idea to life using fundamental concepts that work on Mac.
What you will learn from this book
- The basic concepts and tools and how to use them to create an OS X application.
- Access information from the Internet from within a business app to enhance its functionality.
- Store and retrieve information from Apple’s iCloud server farm.
- Use the debugger to find and fix problems that cause an app to crash.
- Create a new System Preference that can change the fundamental way the Mac OS system behaves.
- Capture video from the iSight camera and save it as a Quicktime movie file.
- Implement a custom view and draw directly into it using the 2D drawing interfaces.
- Share your app with others in a Gatekeeper-aware and friendly manner.
This book is a beginners guide that teaches the topic using a learn by example method.
Who this book is written for
This book is for people who are programming beginners and have a great idea for a Mac OS X app and need to get started.
- Paperback: 318 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184969382X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849693820