Learning Google Guice
Google Guice is an open source software framework for the Java platform released by Google under the Apache License. It provides support for dependency injection using annotations to configure Java objects.
Learning Google Guice is a concise, hands-on book that covers the various areas of dependency injection using the features provided by the latest version of Google Guice. It focuses on core functionalities as well as the various extensions surrounding Guice that make it useful in other areas like web development, integration with frameworks for web development, and persistence.
Learning Google Guice covers Guice extensions which avoid complex API usage. You will start by developing a trivial application and managing dependencies using Guice. As the book gradually progresses, you will continue adding complexity to the application while simultaneously learning how to use Guice features such as the Injector, Provider, Bindings, Scopes, and so on. Finally, you will retrofit the application for the Web, using Guice not only to manage dependencies, but also to solve configuration related problems.
What you will learn from this book
- Optimize dependency injection using Guice as a solution
- Develop a fictitious application harnessing the advanced features of Guice
- Learn the intricacies of Binding, Scoping, and Injection
- Master the various aspects of Guice pertaining to different areas of application development in Java
- Learn how to harness the Guice-servlet extension for web development using Struts 2, JSP, Servlets, and Hibernate 3
- Leverage AOP by implementing aopalliance
- Learn how to develop extensions using the Guice SPI
This book is a practical, hands-on guide that covers everything you need to know about application development in Java with dependency injection using Google Guice.
Who this book is written for
Learning Google Guice is for architects and lead programmers who want to know more about Google Guice and how to leverage its more advanced features. It is assumed that readers will have a basic knowledge of dependency injection; however, this is not an obligation.
- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783281898
- ISBN-13: 978-1783281893