Knight’s Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services 24-Hour Trainer
Book-and-video package gets novices up to speed on Microsoft SQL Server 2012
If you need a practical, hands-on introduction, especially to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), this book-and-video package from authority Brian Knight is the perfect solution. Each lesson includes three major components: a description of how each SSIS feature or process works, a tutorial that walks you through the process or technique, and an accompanying video lesson. It’s a complete learning package that will give you the confidence you need to start your first SSIS project.
- Guides novice database administrators and developers who are learning Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Provides expert instruction from leading SQL Server authority and author, Brian Knight
- Includes a book and a video, complete instruction that includes lessons, hands-on tutorials, and video demonstrations by the author
- Covers the very latest changes and updates in the SQL Server 2012 release
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services 24-Hour Trainer makes SQL Server 2012 and SSIS much less intimidating.
From the Back Cover
Dive into the 2012 release of SQL Server Integration Services with this book-and-video package
This book-and-video package teaches you the essential elements of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) from the ground up—no previous knowledge of SSIS is required. Each lesson is streamlined to teach a specific component of SSIS, helping you to learn just what you need to succeed. The lessons include three major components: a description of how each SSIS feature or process works, a tutorial that walks you through the process or technique, and an accompanying video lesson, all of which present you with a thorough introduction to Microsoft business intelligence tools and SSIS.
Knight’s Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services 24-Hour Trainer:
- Furnishes you with all the information you need to confidently start your first SSIS project
- Integrates instructional videos with each of the hands-on lessons found in the book
- Provides expert instruction from leading SQL Server authorities
- Covers the latest changes and updates in the SQL Server 2012 release
The 24-Hour Trainer is a unique book-and-video package that delivers step-by-step lessons for handling real-world scenarios. Each lesson in the book is accompanied by an instructional video that reinforces the content while providing additional explanations and tips.
You’ll learn to:
- Create your first package
- Upgrade packages to SQL Server 2012
- Use a variety of tasks
- Use Data Quality Services to cleanse data
- Incrementally load data
- Load a data warehouse
- Roll up, order, join, audit, cleanse, and separate data
- Deploy, configure, and schedule packages
The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD.
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118479580
- ISBN-13: 978-1118479582