JBoss AS 7 Configuration, Deployment and Administration
As the Java EE standard has evolved and matured, the API has become increasingly rich and complex. The next generation of application servers needs to be modular and configurable to run only specific services or containers. JBoss AS 7 promises to meet those requirements but the configuration of a complex application server is composed of a mix of administrative and management tasks which often overlap, generating confusion.
JBoss AS 7 Configuration, Deployment and Administration will give you an expert’s understanding of every component that makes up the JBoss application server, and will show you how to use them, helping you to dramatically cut down the learning curve for this exciting product.
This book will guide you through configuration, management, deployment and advanced administration in a logical order to avoid the common pitfalls of setting up a new AS. The book dives into the new application server structure and shows you how to install it. You will learn how to configure the core AS services, including thread pools, the messaging system, and the transaction service. Finally, you will learn how to deploy and manage your applications and then tune the performance of your AS to achieve an efficient, indispensible application server.
What you will learn from this book:
- Understand the new AS infrastructure and how to install, start, and stop the AS 7
- Configure the core AS 7 services, including database connections, the JMS subsystem, and transaction service
- Manage the application server using the Admin Console and the new Command Line Interface
- Deploy applications on the AS, using all the available tools and instruments.
- Configure and run a cluster of application server nodes and provide high availability to your applications
- Secure the application server and the applications running on it
- Learn how to take your JBoss AS 7 applications in the cloud by leveraging the OpenShift platform-as-a-service
- Tune and slim the application server
You will be guided through setting up a JBoss application server in a logical order, with plenty of screenshots and practical instructions to help.
Who this book is written for
Java system administrators, developers, and application testers will benefit from this book. The brand new features in AS 7 mean that everyone can get something from this book, whether you have used JBoss AS before or not.
- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849516782
- ISBN-13: 978-1849516785