iPhone: The Missing Manual, 5th Edition
With the iOS5 software and the new iPhone 4S device, Apple has another world-class hit on its hands. This sleek, highly refined pocket computer comes with everything—cellphone, iPod, Internet, camcorder—except a printed manual. Fortunately, David Pogue is back with the latest edition of his witty, crystal-clear, colorful guide: the world’s most popular iPhone book.
- Use it as a phone. Learn the basics as well as time-saving tricks and tips for contact searching by voice, texting, and more.
- Manage hour stuff in the cloud. Sync and back up your contacts and media across all of your devices with iCloud.
- Get things done. Ask Siri to send reminders, place calls, and more.
- Master notifications. Use the Notification Center to find missed messages, calendar invitations, friend requests, and more.
- Connect with other iPhone owners. Send unlimited iMessages to friends, family, and colleagues who are also running iOS5.
- Treat it as an iPod. Master the ins and outs of iTunes, and listen to music, upload and view photos, and fill the iPhone with TV shows and movies.
- Take the iPhone online. Make the most of your online experience to browse the Web, read and compose email, use social networks, or send photos and audio files.
- Go beyond the iPhone. Learn how to use the App Store, and how to multitask between your apps, organize them in folders, and read ebooks in iBooks.
Whether you have a brand-new iPhone or want to update an earlier model with the iOS5 software, this beautiful full-color book is the best, most objective resource available.
Table of Contents
Part I: The iPhone as Phone
Chapter 1. The Guided Tour
Chapter 2. Typing, Editing & Searching
Chapter 3. Phone Calls & FaceTime
Chapter 4. Speech Recognition—and Siri
Chapter 5. Voicemail, Texting & Other Phone Tricks
Part II: Pix, Flix & Apps
Chapter 6. The iPhone as iPod
Chapter 7. Taking Photos, Shooting Video
Chapter 8. All About Apps
Chapter 9. The Built-In Apps
Part III: The iPhone Online
Chapter 10. Getting Online
Chapter 11. The Web
Chapter 12. Email
Part IV: Connections
Chapter 13. Syncing with iTunes
Chapter 14. iCloud
Chapter 15. The Corporate iPhone
Chapter 16. Settings
Part V: Appendixes
Appendix. Signup and Setup
Appendix. Accessorizing the iPhone
Appendix. Troubleshooting & Maintenance
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Pogue Press; 5th Edition (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449301770
- ISBN-13: 978-1449301774