iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 5th Edition
It’s all iPad, all the time – at home, at work, and on the go – updated for iOS 6!
The iPad was an overnight sensation and now it’s simply indispensable. Whether you use it for work, play, or everyday life, the new iPad is packed with even more features and power than ever. In this fun and practical guide, veteran For Dummies author Nancy C. Muir walks you through the latest features and functions, including what the new iOS6 software brings to the table. Go beyond the basics, get serious about using your iPad for all it’s worth, and don’t miss the ways to have fun with it as well. This book covers it all, and in full color!
- Covers the third-generation iPad, iPad 2 and original iPad and is fully updated for iOS 6
- Packs six minibooks in one full-color guide: iPad Basics, Just for Fun, iPad on the Go, Getting Productive with iWork, Using iPad to Get Organized, and Must-Have iPad Apps
- Explores the latest iPad and iOS 6 features, including Siri, Passbook, FaceTime video calls over cellular, a brand new Maps app, Facebook integration, and more
- Walks you through enhanced functions, such as improved e-mail with a VIP inbox and new iCloud browsing tabs
- Shows you how to use iWork and other productivity apps to dress up your documents, create stellar spreadsheets, add pizzazz to your presentations, and maintain your schedule on the run
- Covers the best-of-the-best business, travel, educational, news, weather, and financial apps
Your world is just a touch away with iPad and iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 5th Edition.
From the Back Cover
6 books in 1
- iPad Basics
- Just for Fun
- iPad on the Go
- Getting Productive with iWork®
- Using iPad to Get Organized
- Must-Have iPad Apps
Ultrafast and simply stunning, the iPad is one terrific tablet — tap into its power with this go-to guide!
From having fun to getting work done to finding out who won, the iPad has it handled. This book makes it easy for you to learn to use all of its features. With minibooks on basic operations, entertainment options, traveling with your iPad, using iWork productivity apps, organizing your life, and dozens of amazing apps, you’ll soon be wondering if there’s anything your iPad can’t do!
- Say hello — explore the multitouch interface, sync your iPad, and get going with the latest features
- What’s fun — play music and videos, read e-books, video-chat with FaceTime, take photos, manage social media, and play games
- Work with me — learn to use the iWork productivity apps for word processing, number crunching, and powerful presentations
- Hit the road — connect from anywhere, make travel arrangements, and find things to do along the way with Siri
- Get organized — use Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders to keep your activities on track and your life on schedule
Open the book and find:
- Tips on choosing an iPad
- How to shoot photos and HD video and share them with the world
- Maintenance and troubleshooting tips to keep your iPad happy
- Where to find the latest movies, music, apps, and e-books
- What iCloud can do for you
- Advice on using Numbers, Pages, and Keynote for iPad
- How to find a restaurant, hotel, or driving directions with Siri
- Apps for weather, business, travel, finance, and more
- Paperback: 640 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 5th Edition (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118496965
- ISBN-13: 978-1118496961