Instant Moodle Quiz Module How-to
Enhancing learning experience and improving student success has many instructors searching for effective tools. Moodle Quiz is just such a tool to aid instructors in creating powerful assessment experiences for their learners.
“Instant Moodle Quiz Module How-to” is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step procedures, which will help you take advantage of the real power that is behind Moodle Quiz, and give you a good grounding in using it to achieve effective assessment in your courses.
This book covers how Moodle Quiz module can be used to create effective assessment FOR and OF learning in your courses. It will take you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you harness the power of Moodle Quiz quickly and painlessly.
You will begin by learning to set up clear categories, carefully designed questions and helpful feedback to create the question bank that is the foundation of Moodle Quiz. Once you have configured the quiz and specified your security requirements, you can select questions by hand or randomly. Once learners have completed the quiz you can interact one-on-one or examine statistical data for large groups using the easily generated reports.
Using “Instant Moodle Quiz Module How-to” you will learn how to create effective quizzes and how to provide meaningful feedback and evaluate results.
What you will learn from this book
- Creating strong categories and questions for the question bank.
- Applying the many different question formats effectively.
- Creating immediate, meaningful feedback for the learner at various levels in the quiz.
- Configuring and creating the quiz with your preferences in mind.
- Experiencing the quiz from the learners’ point of view to gain insight into design.
- Examining the quiz from the instructor’s point of view to see learner performance.
- Examine the wonderful opportunities for learner-instructor interaction provided by Quiz module.
- Creating more secure testing situation using features in quiz design.
- Examining the wealth of analytical and statistical information provided by a variety of reports generated from quiz.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Step-by step application of the features of Moodle Quiz provides a good grounding in creating effective assessment FOR and OF learning.
Who this book is written for
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. If you are doing any kind of instruction using Moodle as your Learning Management System, this book is for you! Strong assessment is one of the keys to effective instruction and successful learners. Readers are expected to have a basic working knowledge of Moodle and access to a course they are instructing.
- Paperback: 84 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849519889
- ISBN-13: 978-1849519885