Instant Firebug Starter
Instant Firebug Starter is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step exercises to help you take advantage of the full power that Firebug offers. This book will give you a great grounding in using Firebug to debug, fix, and optimize your web pages.
From installation to navigating the various panels to edit, inspect, and modify your webpages, this practical guide will help you through the wilds of Firebug without a single bite.
This Instant Firebug Starter guides you through the basics of Firebug and contains years’ worth of industry knowledge and expertise. This knowledge has been stripped back to 60 pages of useful insights, tips, tricks, and the latest techniques that will get you up to speed in no time.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the basics of Firebug’s panels and their functions.
- Inspect, edit and play with HTML sources.
- Discover various ways to analyze the performance of your web application on the browser.
- Track XmlHttpRequest and XmlHttpResponse as well as monitoring AJAX calls.
- Explore the value of properties and constants of any DOM object.
- Monitor, edit, and remove cookies from Firebug.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy to understand Starter guide will get you up to speed with Firebug quickly and with little effort. Hands-on and practical examples allow you to get a feel for the tool and get used to using it on a day-to-day basis.
Who this book is written for
If you are just starting out with web development and looking to improve your site with Firebug, then this guide is for you. If you have a basic understanding of web development then this guide is easy to follow and will benefit your site no end.
- Paperback: 64 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782161163
- ISBN-13: 978-1782161165