Instant Autodesk Revit 2013 Customization with .NET How-to
Autodesk Revit is a Building Information Modelling software designed for architects and engineers. Extending the features and power of a BIM application such as Revit can increase personal productivity, speed up basic drafting tasks, and aid cross-team collaboration.
“Instant Autodesk Revit 2013 Customization with .NET” is a hands-on guide to getting up and running with the Autodesk Revit 2013 API through a series of plugins and add-ons that are extremely useful in your everyday tasks.
This book takes you through several of the Autodesk Revit 2013 API features in an easy to follow, step-by-step process using powerful code samples. Tons of great tips and solutions are provided throughout this book to help you get the most out of Revit 2013.
Using practical code samples you will also learn the new Autodesk Revit 2013 API features such as floor plan creation, schedule creation, and analysis display of custom analysis results.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to customize Autodesk Revit but were intimidated by any perceived difficulty or complexity, this book will give you what you’ve been looking for.
What you will learn from this book
- Fundamental concepts of the Autodesk Revit 2013 API.
- Learn how to customize your own ribbon.
- Create, load, and place content in your models.
- Read and write data as well as add and remove parameters in your models.
- Create plan views, place them on sheets, and create custom schedules with ease.
- Analyse walls by length and display the resulting data using the colourful analysis display styles.
- Subscribe and unsubscribe to document level events.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. “Instant Autodesk Revit 2013 Customization with .NET How-to” is written in a friendly, practical style with an introductory chapter that walks through everything in detail to get you going with your very first add-on.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone that has an interest in customizing or automating Autodesk Revit 2013. A very basic level of programming experience is assumed but not necessarily required.
- Paperback: 82 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849688427
- ISBN-13: 978-1849688420