Infinispan Data Grid Platform
In today’s competitive business world, Enterprise systems must be able to deliver highly available, high transaction volumes with an increasing number of users. Infinispan enables you to do this as well as share and distribute data among servers in the most efficient way possible so that you achieve faster response times, while trying to avoid single points of failure.
Infinispan Data Grid Platform will teach you the most important concepts for building Enterprise applications. Using Infinispan will give you a decisive competitive advantage over the standard clustered applications that are typical in the enterprise today. This, the only book to cover Infinispan, offers detailed instructions for installing, configuring, and effectively using the Infinispan platform. You will learn how to utilize and make the most out of every feature of its API.
Progress from examples of adding, removing, and evicting data from a cache, to more complex scenarios such as clustering and distributing data more efficiently in the grid. Throughout the book, you will follow a simple example of an API using a ticket booking system, which will help you to learn how to set up robust and scalable Infinispan configurations. You will also see a complete demonstration of integrating the Infinispan data grid platform with JBoss AS 7
What will you learn from this book
- Learn about the core server configuration, including global configuration, data eviction/expiration, Cache loaders, and Interceptors
- Collect and make use of statistics on a live system
- Use the popular Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) programming model
- Find out about the advanced modules provided by Infinispan, such as the Query module and the Asynchronous API
- Extend and customize Infinispan to your needs
- Discover advanced topics like JTA compliant transactions, clustering, and locking/concurrency patterns in a cluster
By following a simple ticket booking example, you will learn how to use each of Infinispan’s features in the real-world. Lots of practical examples and screenshots help you to get to grips with Infinispan quickly and easily.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Enterprise developers and architects who want to use a distributed caching and data grid solution. You should have programming knowledge of Java and a general familiarity with concepts like data caching and clustering.
- Paperback: 150 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184951822X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849518222