Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application used in all kinds of organizations around the world. It provides a great variety of functionality out-of-the-box in different topics such as accounting, sales and purchases processing, logistics, or manufacturing. But it also allows companies to grow the application by customizing the solution to meet specific requirements.
“Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013” explains all you need to know to successfully handle your first Dynamics NAV 2013 implementation. You will learn what the application can do out of the box, how you can extend it to meet any kind of requirements, and how to manage real implementation projects with real customers.
This book does not only cover typical topics when implementing the new version of an ERP system; topics that are not found in any previous documentation of Dynamics NAV, such as the implementation process at the customer side, or implementing functional changes on existing Dynamics NAV implementations are included in here. This approach makes this book different.
After reading “Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013” you will be empowered with the skills and knowledge you need for successful implementations.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover the basics of Dynamics NAV functionality in all areas
- Explore the different ways to access the application – RTC client, web client, Sharepoint Portal Framework, Web Services, or NAS
- Learn new functionalities such as Assembly Management or Background Posting
- Get a view of new technology features
- Understand how Dynamics NAV is structured and how data flows through the application
- Learn about the steps and phases needed to perform NAV implementations
- Find out about efficient developing for Dynamics NAV
This book is step-by-step guide to implementing Dynamics NAV from start to finish.
Who this book is for
If you are new to Dynamics NAV or have been implementing it for a while, the book will lead you from start to finish, teaching you how to deploy valuable implementations. This book is also for Dynamics NAV implementation consultants, project managers, and developers that want to get a deep view of what Dynamics NAV 2013 can offer, as well as NAV developers that want to learn more about the whole application. IT managers considering the implementation of Dynamics NAV 2013 in their organizations will fully understand what to expect and how to accomplish it upon reading this book.
- Paperback: 554 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849686025
- ISBN-13: 978-1849686020