IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio: Practical Examples
Take Your IBM Cognos 10 Reporting Skills to the Next Level: Insider Techniques from Top IBM Cognos Trainers!
In this book, two leading IBM Cognos instructors show experienced users how to create better reports with less effort and take full advantage of IBM Cognos 10’s most valuable improvements. The authors walk through dozens of detailed examples built in response to actual business reporting challenges. Their step-by-step examples illuminate everything from report design and formatting to queries and statistical analysis–and every example is designed for easy modification.
The authors begin with techniques for creating more usable, “consumer-friendly” reports, and for ensuring that your reports match your analysis. Next, they demonstrate how to utilize the IBM Cognos report hierarchy and data models more effectively and introduce advanced techniques for report formatting and data processing. They conclude with a full chapter on IBM Cognos 10’s most powerful new tools–including Active Reports, support for local data sources, improved charting, and advanced statistical reporting.
- Creating simpler, more meaningful reports that match the way your users process information
- Quickly generating complex crosstab calculations
- Rapidly building interactive dashboards that illuminate management’s key metrics
- Taking full advantage of the IBM Cognos report hierarchy and layout library
- Comparing legacy report queries to new IBM Cognos Framework Manager data models
- Overriding the standard data model to reflect the way your company organizes its data
- Combining multiple queries in one complex report
- Providing access to interactive reports to users who aren’t connected to your servers
- Retrieving complex statistical analyses via the new IBM Cognos Statistics, powered by IBM SPSS
- Paperback: 278 pages
- Publisher: IBM Press (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132656752
- ISBN-13: 978-0132656757