HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies, 7th Edition
The indispensable introductory reference guide to HTML, XHTML and CSS
Even though new technologies enable people to do much more with the Web, in the end HTML, XHTML and CSS are still at the root of any Web site. The newest edition of this bestselling guide is fully updated and revised for the latest technology changes to the field, including HTML5 and CSS3. Illustrated in full color, this book provides beginner and advanced coders the tools they need to be proficient at these programming languages.
- Shows you how to create a Web page and formulate XHTML document structure
- Addresses working with content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla), and designing for mobile devices (iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android)
- Introduces HTML5 and CSS3, tools critical to mobile Web development
- Reviews working with text, lists, and images, and customizing links
- Demonstrates ways to employ cascading style sheets (CSS) and get creative with colors and fonts
- Details integrating scripts with XHTML and understanding deprecated HTML markup tags
Written by two veteran computer whizzes, HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies will help you get the design results you want!
From the Back Cover
Build your Web pages and get them uploaded and published with (X)HTML and CSS!
You don’t have to be an expert programmer to build great Web pages. If you can follow driving directions to a friend’s house, you have what it takes to build a useful Web document. This book will not only show you the design and technical elements you need to create good-looking, readable Web pages — it will give you the confidence to get started!
- Speak the language — master HTML, XHTML, and CSS syntax, create and view a Web page, and plan your site
- Gather the building blocks — learn how to work with text and lists, create and customize links, and add images to your Web site
- Build it correctly — take precise control with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and get creative with colors and fonts
- Go mobile — design your site for optimal viewing on mobile devices with HTML and CSS
- Out with the old, in with the new — find out what elements are deprecated and look ahead to HTML5 and CSS3
Open the book and find:
- How to plan, build, test, and publish Web pages
- Steps for formatting Web pages with (X)HTML
- Advice on planning a problem-free Web site
- Ways to embed content from Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, and Google Maps
- Tips for enhancing your Web site’s capabilities
- How to design for smartphones, iPads, and other mobile devices
- Techniques for eliminating bugs in your Web pages
- Develop and build Web pages using HTML, XHTML, and CSS
- Work with content management systems like Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla!
- Plan and design Web pages with mobile devices in mind
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 7th Edition (January, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470916591
- ISBN-13: 978-0470916599