HTC ThunderBolt For Dummies
Full-color guide to the exciting HTC Droid ThunderBolt!
Now that you’ve got your high-powered new HTC ThunderBolt smartphone, you’ve got to figure out how to use it! If you’re more than a little intimidated by the technology and somewhat put off by the formal documentation, this book can help. Written in the fun but clear and thorough For Dummies style, this book answers all your questions about Verizon’s first 4G LTE Android device and helps you get the very most out of it.
- Helps you get up to speed quickly on how to use the ThunderBolt smartphone
- Delves into the basics how the technology works, how to configure everything, and how to purchase apps through the Android Market or Verizon’s AppSphere
- Delivers a full slate of how-tos, tricks, features, and techniques, all in full color
- Covers everything you need to know, including setup and configuration, texting, e-mailing, accessing the Internet, maps, navigation, camera, video, and synching with a PC
- Shows you how to customize your HTC ThunderBolt, how to maintain it, and how to expand or upgrade it with new software
Once you learn all the bells and whistles, you’ll be overjoyed with your new Android device. The fun starts with HTC ThunderBolt For Dummies.
From the Back Cover
Take charge of your HTC ThunderBolt smartphone and get more bang for your buck with this fun and easy guide!
Outsmart your smartphone with helpful advice from Dan Gookin. You’ll quickly become the master of your HTC ThunderBolt smartphone with step-by-step advice on everything from getting started to managing email, downloading apps, using maps, listening to your favorite music, playing games, and much more.
- Get acquainted — turn the HTC ThunderBolt smartphone on and off, use the screens and keyboards, and set up a Google account
- Do phone stuff — make and receive calls, squeeze every ounce of juice from the battery, configure conference calls, and set up Google Voice for voicemail
- Communicate in other ways — experience the thrill of email and texting over the über-fast 4G LTE network
- Be digitally social — set up Friend Stream for Facebook and Twitter, and take and share photos and videos
- Of maps and apps — locate people and places, get directions, read e-books, find and share music, play games, and monitor your stocks
Open the book and find:
- Tips on keeping your phone safe
- Home screen shortcuts you can make for key contacts
- How to organize your contacts
- Amazing apps worth checking out
- How to access Wi-Fi
- A guide to creating a mobile hotspot
- How to transfer and synchronize files
- Hints for keeping your smartphone healthy and happy
- Ways to extend the HTC ThunderBolt smartphone’s battery life
- Harness the power of your HTC ThunderBolt smartphone and its touchscreen interface
- Capture great-looking photos with the high-res front- and rear-facing cameras
- Play music, shoot video, text, and update your Facebook page
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111807601X
- ISBN-13: 978-1118076019