HornetQ Messaging Developer’s Guide
Messages and information can be exchanged at exponential speed with JBoss HornetQ asynchronous messaging middleware. Learn how to use the JAVA open source Message Oriented Framework, to build a high-performance, multi-protocol, embeddable, clustered system and manage millions of messages per second.
In the HornetQ Messaging Developer’s Guide you will find the most common applications of a message exchanger with example code, as part of real-world scenarios. This practical and applicable guide increases reader knowledge chapter by chapter, covering basics to the most advanced features.
You will start from a clean installation of a HornetQ sever and, having progressively become a HornetQ master, will finish by being able to use the framework embedded in your software and sharing information in a cluster environment.
Starting from writing and reading a single message, we will discover more advanced features like managing queues, clustering the server, and controlling the undelivered messages. The book deals with a real-world advanced medical scenario as the main example that will lead you from learning the basics to the advanced features of HornetQ.
What will you learn from this book
- Install and configure a HornetQ server on Windows or Linux
- Control the whole process of reading, writing and queuing messages
- Check the exact status of every single message in the system
- Group different servers to form a High Performance Message Cluster
- Deliver messages over a WAN to configure backup servers anywhere
- Secure your server to avoid any intrusion even by the internal coder who manages queues
- Manage your client to control task assignment
- Use HornetQ inside JBOSS, Spring or elsewhere, embedded in your Java application or as a standalone server
Written by an expert HornetQ developer this guide develops an applicable example to accompany practical tutorials and screenshots. Readers will have no trouble applying what they’ve learnt to their own messaging needs.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended both for first time users and readers who are already using the JBoss messaging system. Advanced features are explained and every chapter suggests further improvement, so the willing reader is challenged by increasing their knowledge in a practical and productive way.
- Paperback: 250 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849518408
- ISBN-13: 978-1849518406