Hadoop MapReduce Cookbook
We are facing an avalanche of data. The unstructured data we gather can contain many insights that might hold the key to business success or failure. Harnessing the ability to analyze and process this data with Hadoop MapReduce is one of the most highly sought after skills in today’s job market.
“Hadoop MapReduce Cookbook” is a one-stop guide to processing large and complex data sets using the Hadoop ecosystem. The book introduces you to simple examples and then dives deep to solve in-depth big data use cases.
“Hadoop MapReduce Cookbook” presents more than 50 ready-to-use Hadoop MapReduce recipes in a simple and straightforward manner, with step-by-step instructions and real world examples.
Start with how to install, then configure, extend, and administer Hadoop. Then write simple examples, learn MapReduce patterns, harness the Hadoop landscape, and finally jump to the cloud.
The book deals with many exciting topics such as setting up Hadoop security, using MapReduce to solve analytics, classifications, on-line marketing, recommendations, and searching use cases. You will learn how to harness components from the Hadoop ecosystem including HBase, Hadoop, Pig, and Mahout, then learn how to set up cloud environments to perform Hadoop MapReduce computations.
“Hadoop MapReduce Cookbook” teaches you how process large and complex data sets using real examples providing a comprehensive guide to get things done using Hadoop MapReduce.
What you will learn from this book
- How to install Hadoop MapReduce and HDFS to begin running examples
- How to configure and administer Hadoop and HDFS securely
- Understanding the internals of Hadoop and how Hadoop can be extended to suit your needs
- How to use HBase, Hive, Pig, Mahout, and Nutch to get things done easily and efficiently
- How to use MapReduce to solve many types of analytics problems
- Solve complex problems such as classifications, finding relationships, online marketing, and recommendations
- Using MapReduce for massive text data processing
- How to use cloud environments to perform Hadoop computation
Individual self-contained code recipes. Solve specific problems using individual recipes, or work through the book to develop your capabilities.
Who this book is written for
If you are a big data enthusiast and striving to use Hadoop to solve your problems, this book is for you. Aimed at Java programmers with some knowledge of Hadoop MapReduce, this is also a comprehensive reference for developers and system admins who want to get up to speed using Hadoop.
- Paperback: 300 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517282
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517287