Google Apps: Mastering Integration and Customization
The advent of Cloud computing and SaaS (Software as a Service) is a major turning point for businesses. Google is one of the pioneers of this approach and the collaborative solution of Google Apps offers a set of office tools (email, calendar, word processing, and spread sheet) for a price, which is two to five times more cost-effective than traditional offerings.
This book is all about making your transition to Google Apps fast and easy. It shows you how to develop a customized adoption path, and takes you through extending and securing your apps while teaching you to manage administrative tasks.
The book begins by presenting Google Apps’ collaborative and security tools. It then moves on to discuss different ways to extend Google Apps and their integration with development tools like Google App Engine. It also discusses integration with mobile devices like iPhone, Blackberry and others. By the end of the book you will be walked through a pilot project and identify the things that need to be done at the time of full migration. This is done using a case study called ‘Advanced integration with information systems’.
This is the English language translation of: Integrer Google Apps dans le SI, copyright Dunod, Paris, 2010
What you will learn from this book :
- Master collaboration with tools like Google Docs, Google Sites and video sharing
- Extend Google Apps with Google marketplace and Apps Engine to get one-stop shopping access
- Manage users and groups and learn other administration tasks
- Delegate authentication and set up SSO & OpenID
- Learn selection criteria for SaaS solutions and the impact of SaaS on costs with Google Apps platform
- Use SaaS and PaaS capabilities by Google to their fullest
- Identify sets of tasks to be performed at the final migration using a pilot program
- Integrate Google Apps with the enterprise portal and implement reversibility
- Secure your data against theft and maintain the privacy of your customers
Written in direct and fast paced style, this book is full of examples and tips to help you make your migration to Google Apps simpler and quicker. After migration, this book will help you get up and running with your new website.
Who this book is written for
This book is for anyone who wishes to use and customize Google Apps in their office environment.
- Paperback: 268 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849692165
- ISBN-13: 978-1849692168