Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (TOS) is an open source graphical development environment for creating custom integrations between systems. It comes with over 600 pre-built connectors that make it quick and easy to connect databases, transform files, load data, move, copy and rename files and connect individual components in order to define complex integration processes.
“Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration” illustrates common uses and scenarios in a simple, practical manner and, building on knowledge as the book progresses, works towards more complex integration solutions.
TOS is a code generator and so does a lot of the “heavy lifting” for you. As such, it is a suitable tool for experienced developers and non-developers alike. You’ll start by learning how to construct some common integrations tasks – transforming files and extracting data from a database, for example. These building blocks form a “toolkit” of techniques that you will learn how to apply in many different situations.
By the end of the book, once complex integrations will appear easy and you will be your organization’s integration expert!
Best of all, TOS makes integrating systems fun!
What you will learn from this book
- How to transform data files from one format to another
- Getting data in and out of a relational database.
- Using common data operations such as filtering, sorting and aggregating
- Managing files – moving, copying, renaming and deleting
- Adding flow logic to integration jobs, including “if/then” operations and sequence dependencies
- How to use dynamic variables, avoiding hard-coded routines
- Using TOS in real-life scenarios with lots of tips and tricks
- Learn how to integrate data to and from many different sources
“Getting Started with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration” takes a step-by-step, hands-on approach to learning with lots of examples and clear instructions.
Who this book is written for
Are you a developer, business analyst, project manager, business intelligence specialist, system architect or a consultant who needs to undertake integration projects, then this book is for you.
The book assumes a certain level of familiarity with Relational database management systems with SQL and experience and Java.
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514720
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514729