Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0
Develop graphically sophisticated apps and games today!
The smart phone app market is progressively growing, and there is new market gap to fill that requires more graphically sophisticated applications and games. Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0 quickly gets you up to speed on understanding how powerful OpenGL ES 2.0 technology is in creating apps and games for amusement and effectiveness. Leading you through the development of a real-world mobile app with live code, this text lets you work with all the best features and tools that Open GL ES 2.0 has to offer.
- Provides a project template for iOS and Android platforms
- Delves into OpenGL features including drawing canvas, geometry, lighting effects, character animation, and more
- Offers explanation of full-function 2D and 3D graphics on embedded systems
- Addresses the principal technology for hardware-accelerated graphical rendering
Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0offers important, need-to-know information if you’re interested in striking a perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality in apps.
From the Back Cover
Learn how to build games with stunning graphics
Striking the ideal balance between aesthetics and functionality to create a state-of-the-art game is no small feat. That’s where this book comes in. If you have a decent C/C++ programming background and a basic understanding of computer graphics, you’ll find that this invaluable resource includes everything you need to know in order to make quick work of creating a full-fledged game. Successful game engine developer Romain Marucchi-Foino covers all aspects of creating a game, such as loading complex geometries and textures; handling GLSL materials, sounds, cameras, and clippings; physics; pathfinding and AI; post-processing effects; real-time lighting and shadowing; working with skeletal animations; and much more. Before you know it, you’ll be able to apply the knowledge you’ve gained from this book to create your own sophisticated game.
Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0:
- Brings awareness to the powerful potential of OpenGL ES 2.0 in game programming
- Includes helpful tutorials and real-world mobile apps to give you a deeper understanding of what works in programming
- Demonstrates how to work with OpenGL features, including geometry, shaders, lighting, special effects, character animation, and more
- Addresses real-time physics, pathfinding, and optimization
- Zeroes in on audio and other cool and unique game programming possibilities
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119975913
- ISBN-13: 978-1119975915