Foundation HTML5 Canvas
Foundation HTML5 Canvas: For Games and Entertainment teaches you how to make exciting interactive games and applications using HTML5 canvas.
Once the basics are covered you’ll move on to the more advanced features of canvas, including image and video manipulation. You’ll also learn how to create realistic animations with the help of some basic physics.
Foundation HTML5 Canvas then teaches you how to create two thrilling space-based games using all the skills you’ve learned so far. You’ll find plenty of code examples and illustrations designed to help you understand even the most complex of topics.
HTML5 is already here for you, and Foundation HTML5 Canvas will provide you with all the information you need to enjoy the show.
What you’ll learn
- The exciting new features that HTML5 brings and how to use them
- What the canvas drawing element is all about and why you’d want to use it
- How to utilize both basic and advanced features of canvas
- How to create realistic animations using canvas and a splash of physics
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Introducing HTML5
- Learning the Basics of Canvas
- Pushing Canvas Further
- Manipulating Images and Video
- Making Things Move
- Implementing Advanced Animation
- Creating the Space Bowling Game
- Creating the Asteroid Avoidance Game
- Taking Things Further and the Future of Canvas
- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publisher: friendsofED (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430232919
- ISBN-13: 978-1430232919