Ext JS 4 Web Application Development Cookbook
Ext JS 4 Web Application Development Cookbook works through the framework from the fundamentals to advanced features and application design. More than 130 detailed and practical recipes demonstrate all of the key widgets and features the framework has to offer. With this book, and the Ext JS framework, learn how to develop truly interactive and responsive web applications.
Starting with the framework fundamentals, you will work through all of the widgets and features the framework has to offer, finishing with extensive coverage of application design and code structure.
Over 110 practical and detailed recipes describe how to create and work with forms, grids, data views, and charts. You will also learn about the best practices for structuring and designing your application and how to deal with storing and manipulating data. The cookbook structure is such that you may read the recipes in any order.
The Ext JS 4 Web Application Development Cookbook will provide you with the knowledge to create interactive and responsive web applications, using real life examples.
What you will learn from this book
- Structure your application according to best practices, manipulate the DOM, and handle events raised by users and the framework
- Learn the layouts available in Ext JS and understand how to combine these to make complex layouts
- Create aesthetic and user-friendly forms, validate these on the client, and submit data to your server
- Present and organize data with Trees, Tabbed layouts, Data Views, and Templates
- Make AJAX requests, model data objects, incorporate Ext.Direct, perform CRUD operations on data, and integrate HTML5 local storage with Ext JS
- Work with Grids to present and manipulate tabular data by editing rows, dragging and dropping records, scrolling infinitely, and grouping data
- Represent data visually with flexible and interactive Charts and Drawing components
- Customize the look and feel of your application with SASS and Compass
This is a cookbook with easy to follow recipes containing practical and detailed examples which are all fully backed up with code, illustrations, and tips.
Who this book is written for
The Ext JS 4 Web Application Development Cookbook is aimed at both newcomers and those experienced with Ext JS who want to expand their knowledge and learn how to create interactive web applications with Ext JS 4.
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849516863
- ISBN-13: 978-1849516860