Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
The comprehensive reference, now completely up-to-date for Excel 2013!
As the standard for spreadsheet applications, Excel is used worldwide – but it’s not always user-friendly. However, in the hands of veteran bestselling author Greg Harvey, Excel gets a whole lot easier to understand! This handy all-in-one guide covers all the essentials, the new features, how to analyze data with Excel, and much more. The featured minibooks address Excel basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration and review, charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and Excel and VBA.
- Covers the changes in the newest version as well as familiar tasks, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, and performing statistical functions
- Walks you through the new analysis tools that help make it easier to visualize data with the click of a mouse
- Details new ways to explore your data more intuitively and then analyze and display your results with a single click
Whether you’re an Excel newbie or a veteran user to wants to get familiar with the latest version, Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies has everything you need to know.
From the Back Cover
8 books in 1
- Excel Basics
- Worksheet Design
- Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Collaboration and Review
- Charts and Graphics
- Data Management
- Data Analysis
- Macros and VBA
Excel newbie or expert in older versions — here’s the reference you need for Excel 2013!
Understanding how to use the many features of Excel 2013 is only half the battle. The other half is understanding what these features can do for you. So whether you’re starting out or upgrading, using Excel on your desktop or tablet, this all-in-one guide covers what you need to know to master worksheets, formulas, functions, charts, even data analysis.
- For beginners — start out right with an entire minibook devoted to mastering Excel basics
- Working with worksheets — learn to set up, edit, manage, and dress up worksheets and print reports
- Get functional — explore formulas and functions from basic to complex and put them to work
- Team effort — share and collaborate on worksheets while keeping your data secure
- Make it look great — present your data with impressive charts and graphs that help interpret the information
- Manage your data — take advantage of Excel’s tools for managing large amounts of data and filtering out the information you need
- Look ahead — use Excel’s computational abilities to forecast and predict possible future outcomes
- Extend Excel — install Apps for Office, use COM add-ins, and write macros and custom functions with the Visual Basic Editor
Open the book and find:
- How to build your own workbook templates
- Instructions for using Excel on a touchscreen
- All the ways to enter data
- Tips for preventing formula errors
- Hints for sharing data with other Office 2013 programs
- Graphics you can include in your charts
- How to query external data sources
- A guide to PowerPivot and Power View add-ins
- Paperback: 792 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118510100
- ISBN-13: 978-1118510100