Entity Framework 6 Recipes, 2nd Edition
Entity Framework 6 Recipes provides an exhaustive collection of ready-to-use code solutions for Entity Framework, Microsoft’s model-centric, data-access platform for the .NET Framework and ASP.NET development. With this book, you will learn the core concepts of Entity Framework through a broad range of clear and concise solutions to everyday data access tasks. Armed with this experience, you will be ready to dive deep into Entity Framework, experiment with new approaches, and develop ways to solve even the most difficult data access challenges. If you are a developer who likes to learn by example, then this is the right book for you.
- Gives ready-to-use, real-world recipes to help you with everyday tasks
- Places strong focus on DbContext and the Code First approach
- Covers new features such as Asynch Query and Save, Codebased Configuration, Connection Resiliency, Dependency Resolution, and much more
What you’ll learn
- Implement basic data access design patterns using Entity Framework.
- Seamlessly model your solutions across both code and data.
- Provide data access to Windows 8 and Metro applications.
- Integrate with WCF Data Services
- Improve data access performance.
- Simplify and reduce your code through data binding.
Who this book is for
Entity Framework 6 Recipes is for anyone learning Microsoft’s Entity Framework—Microsoft’s primary data access platform in the .NET Framework. If you have ever struggled to learn a new technology, programming model, or way of doing something, you know how helpful simple and real-world examples can be. For the beginning developer, this book provides concrete examples for common data access tasks. For developers having experience with previous Microsoft data access platforms, this book provides a task-by-task mapping between previous approaches and the patterns used in Entity Framework.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Entity Framework
Chapter 2. Entity Data Modeling Fundamentals
Chapter 3. Querying an Entity Data Model
Chapter 4. Using Entity Framework in ASP.NET MVC
Chapter 5. Loading Entities and Navigation Properties
Chapter 6. Beyond the Basics with Modeling and Inheritance
Chapter 7. Working with Object Services
Chapter 8. Plain Old CLR Objects
Chapter 9. Using the Entity Framework in N-Tier Applications
Chapter 10. Stored Procedures
Chapter 11. Functions
Chapter 12. Customizing Entity Framework Objects
Chapter 13. Improving Performance
Chapter 14. Concurrency
- Paperback: 548 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 2nd Edition (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430257881
- ISBN-13: 978-1430257882