Easy Web Development with WaveMaker
Developers of all levels can now easily develop custom, responsive, and rich web application clients with secure, scalable servers utilizing relational databases and RESTful services using WaveMaker Studio. Whether you need a departmental business application or a form application for your weekend club, this book will show you how to design, develop, and deploy professional grade web applications with WaveMaker.
Easy Web Development with WaveMaker will help you use WaveMaker to design, develop, and deploy rich, responsive web applications, even if you are not a programmer. If you need to build a data-driven web application, but you only know ‘enough to be dangerous,’ you need this book.
This book examines every angle of using WaveMaker to build applications, from dissecting examples to customizing, deploying, and debugging your own applications.
Easy Web Development with WaveMaker 6.5 is packed with examples, code samples, screenshots, and links to equip you to be successful with WaveMaker Studio.
What you will learn from this book
- Design better performing, more usable, and more scalable web applications that are easier to maintain using WaveMaker Studio
- Understand both the big picture and the file-by-file assembly of a WaveMaker application and the WaveMaker framework
- Rapidly generate forms, data models, and services from existing relational databases and web services
- Diagnose and debug problems in applications using the Chrome developer tools and the Eclipse debugger
- Secure applications by developing an understanding of how security is applied and leverage that understanding to be confident in the results
- Understand the deployment options and requirements for WaveMaker applications, from the desktop to the cloud
- Access and leverage the underlying Dojo Toolkit and Spring Framework to build custom solutions to enterprise problems
Written as a practical Packt tutorial, this essential reference will help you use WaveMaker to design, develop, and deploy rich, responsive web applications.
Who this book is for
This book is for ‘citizen developers’; amateur developers who want to build modern, responsive, but scalable web applications connected to database, REST, and Java services without all the effort. No specific technical knowledge is assumed. However, you will be interacting with numerous technologies throughout the course of this book. The more of those technologies you are familiar with, the easier you will find this book. This book is also good for developers looking to use WaveMaker as a tool to build quickly build AJAX browser clients to their web and Java services using the Spring Framework.
- Paperback: 306 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782161783
- ISBN-13: 978-1782161783