Drupal 7 Development by Example: Beginner’s Guide
Drupal 7 Development by Example Beginner’s Guide has numerous code examples that will not only introduce new Drupal 7 development concepts, but will give you the skills needed to build a world-class Drupal website. By following the development of a recipe-sharing, e-commerce site, you will quickly and easily get your own Drupal site up and running.
Starting from a solid Drupal 7development environment, this book will show you how to extend Drupal with front- end code using Ajax, jQuery, and server side PHP. In addition to learning how to integrate HTML5, the book will cover responsive web design, and cutting edge CSS3. Using the example of an e-commerce and social networking site, this book will develop your Drupal programming skills so that you will be capable of developing advanced code good enough to be shared with the Drupal community.
What you will learn from this book
- Build cutting edge websites with Drupal 7
- Discover important concepts for HTML5 and why it’s time to start building websites with HTML5, if you haven’t already
- Realize interesting ways to integrate multi-media with Drupal 7
- Find out how becoming more involved with the Drupal development community can help you build better websites
- Set up a development environment, and learn to use Git and Drush
- Learn how to do e-commerce with Drupal 7
- Uncover how much fun it can be to build websites with Drupal 7
As part of Packt’s Beginner’s Guide series, this book will walk the reader through straightforward examples that show the creation of an e-commerce site built on Drupal.
Who this book is for
This book is for people who have some experience building websites and who want to learn to do so with Drupal 7. You should have experience with HTML markup, CSS, and jQuery. Experience with previous versions of Drupal would be helpful, but is not necessary.
- Paperback: 366 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849516804
- ISBN-13: 978-1849516808