Developing Microsoft SharePoint Applications Using Windows Azure
Your expert guide to building Microsoft® SharePoint® applications in the cloud
Deliver custom, cloud-based business solutions using SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure™ together. By applying hands-on techniques from Microsoft cloud development expert Steve Fox, you’ll learn how to increase the reach, resource capability, and reusability of your apps. Get the practical code exercises and solid advice you need—whether you’re planning to build complete data-driven applications or hybrid solutions with simple Web parts.
Discover how to:
- Deliver data from Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket into SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications
- Use Microsoft Business Connectivity Services to connect to SQL Azure™ data
- Create advanced web parts to surface SQL Azure data in Bing™ Maps, using the SharePoint client object model
- Manage files in Windows Azure using BLOB storage
- Deploy Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services to Windows Azure
- Build business intelligence solutions, using SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting Services (SSRS)
Get code samples on the web
Ready to download at http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink/?Linkid=000000.
For system requirements, see the Introduction.
About the Author
Steve Fox works at Microsoft on a team whose charter is cloud development and evangelism. He’s the author of many SharePoint and Office development books and articles, as well as one of the earliest blogs on Azure and SharePoint. He’s a frequent speaker at conferences around the globe.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735656622
- ISBN-13: 978-0735656628