Designing Next Generation Web Projects with CSS3
“Designing Next Generation Web Projects with CSS3” contains ten web projects fully developed using cutting edge CSS3 techniques. It also covers time saving implementation tips and tricks as well as fallback, polyfills, and graceful degradation approaches.
This book draws a path through CSS3; it starts with projects using well supported features across web browsers and then it moves to more sophisticated techniques such as multi polyfill implementation and creating a zooming user interface with SVG and CSS.
React to HTML5 form validation, target CSS rules to specific devices, trigger animations and behavior in response to user interaction, gain confidence with helpful tools like SASS, learn how to deal with old browsers and more.
“Designing Next Generation Web Projects with CSS3” is a helpful collection of techniques and good practices designed to help the implementation of CSS3 properties and features.
What you will learn from this book
- Style form fields in response to their validation stage
- Create realistic buttons enhanced with data-* attributes with a single element
- Define media queries that activate CSS rules on specific device properties
- Implement CSS3 features like border-radius and transform on old browsers using polyfills
- Create a parallax effect by taking advantage of 3D transforms
- Use the new pseudo-selectors to respond to user interaction
- Apply effects to HTML5 videos such as blur and grayscale using CSS filters and SVG
Who this book is for
This book is designed for you if you are a frontend web developer; it requires a solid knowledge of CSS syntax and of the most common CSS2 properties and selectors.
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849693269
- ISBN-13: 978-1849693264