Designing for Windows 8
Designing for Windows 8 is a fast-paced, 150-page primer on the key design concepts you need to create successful Windows 8 apps. This book will help you design a user interface that is both delightful and effective, feels ‘right’ to your users, and encapsulates a great Windows 8 experience.
In this book, you will:
- Meet the building blocks of solid Windows 8 UI design in a well-designed sample app.
- Learn how to incorporate key design elements into your apps, such as the app bar, charms and subtle animations from the animation library.
- Find out how to deliver the core experience that your users expect from Windows 8.
- Learn how to make your app stand out from thousands of others in the Windows Store.
It’s now time to create the next generation of Windows applications. Arm yourself with design tactics and join in on this wonderful opportunity!
What you’ll learn
- The inspirations behind the creation of the new Windows UI.
- The design fundamentals that apply to Windows 8 app design.
- Conform to Microsoft’s design principles
- Build applications that fit into the Windows 8 application model.
- Design for touch as well as keyboard and mouse in the same application.
- Lay out your application for different orientations and screen sizes.
Who this book is for
If you’re building Windows 8 apps for the first time, or if you’re struggling to capture the right look and feel in your Windows 8 apps, this book is for you. It’s for the person who wants to build apps that stand out from the crowd, capture the hearts of their customers, and make the most of what the Windows 8 experience has to offer.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Microsoft Design Style Inspirations
Chapter 2. Microsoft Design Style Principles
Chapter 3. Design Strategies for Windows 8
Chapter 4. Basic Building Blocks of Windows 8 Design
Chapter 5. Windows 8 Platform Considerations
Chapter 6. Bringing Existing Apps to Windows 8
- Paperback: 168 pages
- Publisher: Apress (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430249595
- ISBN-13: 978-1430249597