Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile
Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile reflects the author’s years of experience and exposes every hidden secret which will ease your mobile app development. With just a smattering of design and user experience thrown in, going through this book will allow you to confidently say, “yes, I can do that.”
We’ll start out with effective mobile prototyping and then move directly to the core of what every one of your mobile sites will need. Then, we’ll move on to the fancy stuff.
“Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile” will take your basic mobile knowledge and help you make versatile, unique sites quickly and easily.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the art of prototyping jQuery Mobile as both design and sales tactics
- Get tips on making jQuery Mobile implementations look more unique
- Integrate with Google’s Analytics, Maps, and Feeds APIs
- Leverage HTML5 video and audio including a jQuery Mobile player interface
- Leverage client-side templating to render API results from Twitter, Reddit, Flickr, and more
- Check and monitor the user’s position with Geolocation
- Auto validate your mobile forms with jQuery Validate on both page-by-page and multi-page views
- Use jQuery Mobile to create a full responsive web design for photographers using Photoswipe
With ample coded examples and screenshots, the book consists of 10 different projects that will help you master jQuery Mobile.
Who this book is for
“Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile” assumes a base level knowledge of web development. If you’ve used jQuery Mobile before, you’re gold. Otherwise, you can pick it up along the way.
- Paperback: 254 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178216006X
- ISBN-13: 978-1782160069