Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, 3rd Edition
Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a web site? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, you’ll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking and visitor-friendly site that features components such as audio, video, and e-commerce capability. This Missing Manual gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need — including when and how to adopt HTML5.
- Learn to create a site from start to finish with hands-on, guided instructions
- Control page design and layout with powerful style sheets
- Bring in cash with Google ads, affiliate programs, and a PayPal shopping cart
- Track site visitors and identify the pages they’re checking out most often
- Build a community by adding online discussions and forums
- Create your own blog using a free blog-hosting service
- Find the right Web host and get a personalized Web address
About the Author
Matthew MacDonald is a developer, author, and educator in all things Visual Basic and .NET. He’s worked with Visual Basic and ASP since their initial versions, and has written over a dozen books on the subject, including The Book of VB .NET (No Starch Press) and Visual Basic 2005: A Developer’s Notebook (O’Reilly). He has also written a number of Missing Manual titles on Excel 2007 and Access 2007 (O’Reilly). His website is http://www.prosetech.com/.
- Paperback: 582 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 3rd Edition (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 144930172X
- ISBN-13: 978-1449301729