Building Mobile Applications Using Kendo UI Mobile and ASP.NET Web API
With the world becoming more mobile, there is a growing need for mobile websites and applications. Building these from scratch is not a simple process. Kendo UI Mobile makes building websites and applications easier than ever before. Build applications for phones and tablets in no time at all and provide your user with a native look and feel.
Building Mobile Applications Using Kendo UI Mobile and ASP.NET Web API will help you improve your mobile application development skills using hands-on examples, and will help you address the common problems faced by beginners as well as experienced web programmers.
What you will learn from this book
- Build HTTP based services using ASP.NET Web API
- Secure ASP.NET Web API services
- Build a complete real world Movie Tickets application from scratch
- Implement HTTP basic authentication
- Learn about Kendo UI Framework components like templates, MVVM, and DataSource
- Discover Kendo UI Mobile widgets and customize them using jsFiddle examples
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step and real-life examples, you will be building your own mobile applications in a matter of days using Kendo Mobile UI and ASP.NET Web API.
Who this book is for
If you are a web applications developer new to mobile applications development, then this book is for you. You will also benefit from this book if you have experience in mobile applications development and would like to explore the Kendo UI. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and jQuery is desirable to follow this book.
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782160922
- ISBN-13: 978-1782160922