Build a Website for Free, 2nd Edition
Build yourself a state-of-the-art website. It’s incredibly easy…and it won’t cost you a dime!
You need a website. But you don’t need the hassles that usually go with building one or the expense of hiring someone else to do it. Here’s your solution: Build a Website for Free! You’ll learn how you can use new Web 2.0 technologies to create a site that’s impressive and effective. And here’s the best part: You’ll do it all with software and tools that won’t cost you a dime!
- Plan, organize, and design a site that really works, using tools you can find for free
- Discover the simple secrets of writing pages people want to read
- Adapt your site for easy viewing on mobile devices
- Use video on your site–and get someone else to pay for hosting it
- Add an easy-to-update blog and start building your own web community
- Quickly and easily handle “nuts and bolts” tasks, from getting your site name to uploading your content
- Get your site picked up by Google, Yahoo!, and other search engines
About the Author
Mark Bell is a Ph.D. student at Indiana University. He studies media and its effect on social relations. Before returning to school, Mark worked for 15 years in the software industry as a technical writer, trainer, and developer. He started his first web design company in 1993 and has been making pages and managing websites ever since. He is the father of Jackson, 8, and the husband of Sarah “Intellagirl” Robbins. Mark blogs at blog.markwbell.com. You can find him on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Que; 2nd Edition (November, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0789747189
- ISBN-13: 978-0789747181