Beginning iPhone and iPad Web Apps
This book will help you join the thousands of successful iPhone App developers without needing to learn Objective-C or the Cocoa touch APIs. If you want to apply your existing web development skills to iPhone and iPad development, then now you can. WebKit’s support for HTML5 means any web developer can create compelling apps for both the iPhone and the larger-screen iPad.
Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps takes you through the latest Mobile Web Standards as well as the specific features of the iPhone and iPad. You’ll learn about WebKit and Mobile Safari, HTML5 and CSS3, Vector Graphics and Multimedia support. You’ll discover the built-in hardware features of the iPhone and iPad and how best to take advantage of them.
The market for web apps for the iPhone and iPad is expanding rapidly. You’ll want to know about all the advantages, and Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps is the perfect starting point.
What you’ll learn
- How to take your existing web skills and deploy them on iPad and iPhone
- User interface design basics for both the smaller iPhone screen and the larger iPad display
- The keys to web app development built into HTML5, WebKit, and Mobile Safari
- How to support mobile-media with iPhone- and iPad-specific features
- How to take advantage of advanced features of CSS3 for graphics
- How to address Apple’s touch screen interface and interact with Cocoa touch APIs
Who this book is for
This book is for web designers and developers who want to use their hard-earned skills and knowledge to create compelling mobile web experiences for iPhone and iPad users.
- Paperback: 512 pages
- Publisher: Apress (December 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430230452
- ISBN-13: 978-1430230458