Beginning iOS 5 Application Development
The ideal starting point for iPhone and iPad app development with iOS 5
If you want to develop apps for Apple’s iPhone and iPad, first you need to know how to use the tools–iPhone’s new iOS 5 operating system and SDK, and the new xCode toolset that come with it. This full-color book is the perfect starting point. Beginning developers, you’ll get a solid introduction to the new xCode 4 and Objective-C and find everything you need to quickly build your first app. The book thoroughly covers all the new iOS 5 features, including new multitasking, location-based services, notification system, cloud-based features, and much more.
- Written by bestselling Wrox author, Wei-Meng Lee, this is an ideal book for beginning developers
- Helps eager developers quickly start building apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Introduces iOS 5, xCode 4, Objective-C, and the basics you need to create your first Apple device app
- Covers a host of new iOS 5 capabilities, including new multitasking, new location-based services, and a new notification system
- Shows you how to work with iOS 5’s cloud-based features for online storage of music, photos, and video
Full-color and full of information, Beginning iOS 5 Application Development is the ultimate guide for beginning Apple developers.
From the Back Cover
Get a jumpstart on developing apps for iOS 5!
Ideal for beginning developers who are eager to create native applications for Apple’s mobile devices, this full-color guide walks you through the core building blocks of iPhone and iPad application development, including new features such as iCloud Programming, Twitter integration, importing and exporting documents from within your iOS applications, the new Xcode® 4, multitasking features, location-based services, the notification system, and more. You’ll quickly discover that this book is replete with everything you need in order to confidently build your first iPhone or iPad application.
Beginning iOS 5 Application Development:
- Establishes a strong foundation for getting started with iOS 5 programming
- Walks you through responding to and handling device rotations as well as the different types of screen orientations
- Shows how to use the various application templates: Tabbed, Master-Detail, Single View, and Utility
- Explores techniques for using the table view in a Master-Detail application
- Shares advice for file handling and database storage
- Covers ways to access the various sensors and recognize a variety of gestures
- Shows how to build Location-Based Services applications using Google Maps, reverse geocoding, adding annotations, and more
- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118144252
- ISBN-13: 978-1118144251