Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development
Beginning Facebook Game Apps Development gets you started with building your first game apps that run on Facebook. Become your own “Zynga” and create your own “Civilization” or “Farmville” and more. Build rich Web-based apps that you can sell on Facebook’s App Store.
Because these apps are built on Web standards, you can build and run on many browsers and—more interestingly—more computers, tablets, smartphones and even other devices and appliances that are Web-connected or enabled.
What you’ll learn
- Build your first Facebook game apps!
- Enhance your first Facebook game app with social media, location-based services, etc.
- Obtain a basic framework for a Facebook game app that you can build upon and customize for your own specific app design and development needs
- Package, deploy and sell your first Facebook game app on Facebook’s new App Store
Who this book is for
For the latest source code, please check out the book site on GitHub.
Table of Contents
- Your First Steps in Facebook Development
- It’s All About Context: Canvas Basics
- The Plan: Idea to Design
- Essential Game Components
- Your First Game: “Alien Turtle Invasion”
- Going Social With Games
- Introducing the Facebook Platform
- Facebook Developer Tools
- Launching Your Games
- Your First Facebook Game: “Social Alien Turtle Invasion”
- HTML5 Game Engines
- Using All the Tools: Your Future Facebook Games
- The Marketplace: Project Spartan (Facebook App Store)
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Apress (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430241705
- ISBN-13: 978-1430241706