Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 3rd Edition
Completely updated material and new examples show you what CSS can do
With the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and other browsers released, CSS is more essential than ever. This beginner guide demonstrates how cascading style sheets can be used to define styles to items in Web pages, rather than format each item individually. Each lesson in this full-color book has been methodically revised to be more concise and efficient, making your learning experience as productive as possible.
- Covers the latest in CSS, including the new features of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome
- Reviews the vast improvements to mobile browsers and how CSS can work with them
- Provides helpful examples and walks you through real-world solutions to common hurdles
- Discusses embedded fonts, compatibility tables, and cross-browser bug scenarios
Beginning CSS, Third Edition gets you completely up to date so that you can start using CSS in the newest Web and mobile browsers today!
From the Back Cover
Build extraordinary web sites with CSS in the newest browsers
With Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and other browsers debuting new versions, an updated resource on building web sites with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is critical. This new edition of a perennial classic responds to that need and gets you quickly up to speed on using CSS to create appealing web sites in a professional way. Completely updated with new examples, this full-color book has been carefully revised based on reader input and now provides an even more concise and streamlined introduction to CSS. Veteran authors Ian Pouncey and Richard York cover how to write CSS from scratch like a professional, and discuss the many improvements to CSS that have emerged since the previous edition.
Beginning CSS, Third Edition:
- Dissects the various elements that make up a style sheet
- Demonstrates how to style and manipulate the display of text
- Zeroes in on how to use background images appropriately
- Examines the box model and how it is used to lay out content
- Addresses a variety of ways to position content and explains how to create a complete layout
- Reviews advanced techniques such as styling for mobile devices, using custom fonts, and applying gradient backgrounds with CSS
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 3rd Edition (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470891521
- ISBN-13: 978-0470891520