Beginning ASP.NET E-Commerce in C#
With the incarnations of ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008, programming dynamic data–driven web sites with Microsoft technologies has become easier and much more efficient than ever before. Fewer mouse clicks and fewer lines of code can now enable more powerful features and the tools you need—Visual Web Developer and SQL Server 2008 Express Edition—are free. In Beginning ASP.NET E-Commerce in C#: From Novice to Professional, you’ll learn how to best use the free development tools offered by Microsoft to build an online product catalog. You will gain an intimate understanding of every piece of code you write. This understanding will enable you to build your own powerful and flexible web sites efficiently and rapidly with ASP.NET 3.5.
- Build a complete site, including a shopping cart, checkout, product searching, product recommendations, control panel, customer accounts, order processing, and much, much more.
- Explore new challenges and theoretical concepts, which are carefully analyzed and explained throughout the book, with each feature you add to the web site.
- Learn to handle payments by integrating PayPal and DataCash into your site.
What you’ll learn
- Use Microsoft’s Express products to build an online product catalog
- Add payment processing with PayPal and DataCash
- Expand your site’s product listing through web services
- Implement an order pipeline
- Take advantage of search engine optimization techniques to publicize your site
Who this book is for
Developers wanting to build professional e–commerce sites using .NET technologies.
- Paperback: 736 pages
- Publisher: Apress (March 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781430210740
- ISBN-13: 978-1430210740