Even with the rise of social media, forums remain a popular part of the Internet. bbPress allows you to increase interactivity with your WordPress website or blog by creating discussion forums within its confines.
bbPress Complete will show you how to create and manage a forum effectively. You will learn how to manage users, expand your forum with plugins, and integrate your forum into the rest of your site, whether it is a local community forum or a large website with thousands of visitors.
You will start off by learning the basics of bbPress and gradually acquire all the skills needed to run a successful bbPress community. You will learn how to integrate your forum effectively with the rest of your site, as well as how to manage the different kinds of users and much more. With clear, concise instructions detailing every aspect of the software, you will gain the knowledge required to extend bbPress using plugins and add bbPress to your WordPress theme. Furthermore, the real-world examples and clear instructions will give you all the tools you need to turn your blog into a successful community hub.
What you will learn from this book
- Install bbPress on a WordPress installation and troubleshoot common problems
- Manage posts, promote popular discussions, merge similar topics, and block spam, allowing your forum to grow
- Expand the functionality of your forum with WordPress and bbPress plugins
- Build specific templates using the WordPress and bbPress templating system
- Give useful information by providing a sidebar in your forum
A concise guide, written in an easy-to-follow format.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at ambitious website or blog owners looking to add a forum to their site quickly and easily. Basic experience in WordPress and with managing a website is expected. Knowledge of HTML and PHP will be a bonus, though it isn’t necessary.
- Paperback: 122 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782167242
- ISBN-13: 978-1782167242